NFA (National Futures Association) is sectoral self-regulating agency aimed to serve the US futures industry. The task of NFA is to present breakthrough regulating projects and services in order to guarantee integrity of the futures industry, indemnify the market actors and help NFA members fulfil regulating functions. NFA’s activity is under strict control of CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) – the governmental body responsible for the administration of the US futures branch.
The trader’s advantages of dealing with the NFA broker are as follows:
- The companies incorporated in the NFA framework are respectable enterprises with transparent financial reports;
- The NFA-controlled brokers maintain stringent standards and procedures practiced within NFA, which provides for security of the trader’s assets;
- NFA brokers are not entitled to use the client’s financial resources for their activities. They must reserve the client’s items by means of their own funds or transfer those items to the interbank market (at present the NFA-listed brokers are obliged to possess net capital not less than $ 15000000 to guarantee the status of their clients);
- At the close of each week The NFA-listed Forex brokers report the balance of their accounts to NFA. Those brokers are also subject to full scope yearly audits;
- The NFA-listed Forex brokers have at their disposal licensed and specifically trained personnel.
It’s well known that controlled broker is much more reliable than uncontrolled one and always wins the battle!
If you wish to check whether your Forex broker is NFA-listed apply to the BASIC (Background Affiliation Status Information Center).
The full register of NFA-listed Forex brokers is given below:
- ATC Brokers
- Interactive Brokers
- Fortress Capital
- Capital Markets
- IG Markets
- IKON Global Markets
- Cobra Trading
- MB Trading
- Spot Trader FX
- Back Bay FX
- FX Renew
- Rosenthal Collins Group
- TradeStation Securities
- eToro (USA)
- FIPFX GLOBAL
- com(Gain Capital Group)
- Futures Online
If you find out that we missed any NFA-listed broker don’t hesitate to add your comments below.
To get additional information please check on the list of US Forex brokers.